Monday, October 13, 2008

What Is Past Is Prologue...

"Whereof what is past is prologue, what’s to come is at your and my discharge."
This is a quote from William Shakespeare's "The Tempest". From my understanding, it means that whatever's happened up to now only sets the stage for where we are - the main story starts now and it's up to us what happens in the future. It can apply to any time, but I feel it is especially appropriate to me at the moment. We (Dee and I!) are finally getting married on Saturday. This is obviously a major event in life and will considerably effects.

I have had a very fortunate life and been very well looked after by fantastic parents. They have been, and done, more than I could have asked for. I haven't always agreed with them, but they have been a great source of inspiration, comfort and guidance. I don't want to play down events that have happened so far and the influences that people have had on me. However, there is a part of me that can't help but feel as though the past has all been preparation for what's to come - the rest of my life lies ahead of me. Shakepseare was right:
"Whereof what is past is prologue, what’s to come is at your and my discharge."

1 comment:

Ken Albin said...

Congratulations!! Yes, life does build upon itself and you have to move on as time goes by. Best of luck with your new life there.